Tyke - 127661
- This guy is happy, young, and has heart issues.
- He might be housebroken.
- He is timid at first but warms up into a sweet playful puppy.
- He likes stuffed squeaky toys and will play fetch with them.
- Tyke is a 10 month old intact male Pit type dog, 31 lbs.
- He is rescue only due to medical; Due to severity of cardiac disease requiring further cardiac work up prior to long term treatment plan recommendations best suited for rescue at this time; Can complete further thoracic radiographs upon rescue request (see vet notes).
- Dog interaction: Approached hd loose and wiggly, sniffed face, ears back, 'dancing' front feet, very mildly piloerect over shoulders, allowed hd to sniff, no play, no aggression.
- His stray time is up so he can leave at any time.
Vet Notes: 2/05 Young adult male intact pit bull type mix. BAR and interactive upon entering exam room. Food motivated. Mildly fearful, trembling, tolerated full exam.
MM pink, CRT < 2 sec, BCS 4.5/9; EENT: Teeth - all adult present, white, no significant tartar/staining, ears/eyes/nose - wnl; CV: Grade 3-4 left basilar murmur, femoral pulses strong/synchronous; Resp: normal bronchovesicular sounds all quadrants; Integument: apparently full/clean haircoat, tail apparently amputated at 'halfway' point; Abdomen: soft/comfortable on palpation, nsf; Ortho: full/comfortable rom all joints, gait wnl, symmetrical muscling; Urogenital: two testicles.
Survey Thorax Radiograph: VHS 11.5, mild interstitial pattern.
Currently on stray hold, holding on sedation due to significant cardiac disease in order to complete remainder of radiographs.
Due to severity of cardiac disease requiring further cardiac work up prior to long term treatment plan recommendations best suited for rescue at this time.
Breed: Pit Bull
Date of Birth (estimated): 04/2018
Interested in rescuing this dog? Email our Rescue Contact.
If you would like medical notes, please contact us.
« Back to List