Marv - 126330
Loves to cuddle
- **UPDATE** We have had Marv in a few playgroups a week with a muzzle on; On 2/06 he attacked the only other dog in the play yard and continued to do so even after the other dog attempted to disengage and run away; Marv will no longer be participating in play groups; There is a note from 2/09 that describing the continuing behaviors of focusing, barking, and lunging at other dogs while out for a walk.
- He loves to play.
- He likes to chew like a puppy so he'll need plenty of chew toys/bones.
- Marv is a 1 1/2 yr old neutered male Pit type dog, 54 lbs.
- He is up for rescue due to doing poorly with other dogs.
- He is extremely reactive and aggressive towards other dogs thru fencing and in a distance while out on walks.
- He has been participating regularly in our playgroups but has to be muzzled; He will typically play with the other dogs and is usually pretty tolerant of the other dogs obnoxious behaviors.
- Today 2/06 he attacked another dog while in playgroup (he was muzzled so there were no injuries to either dog).
- Due to his reactivity and decline in behaviors with other dogs he would benefit from going to a foster based rescue that will work with him on his issues prior to placing him up for adoption.
- Dog interaction: 12/28/18 two other intact male hds - forward greeting, allowed hd to sniff from behind, tail wagging, relatively loose, popped around and sniffed hd face to face, piloerect over shoulders, up on two feet, tail wagging and body remained relatively loose - no forward aggression observed, but very forward greetings.
- He participated in the Holiday Sleepover program and his host had some notes for him; He loves to cuddle, get pets and head scratches, and PLAY; He does get mouthy during play and when trying to stop engaging him he mouths and/or nips my leg; He seems to have separation anxiety; He is eager to please and ready to learn; He responds will to positive reinforcement; He likes Kongs and puzzle toys; He is reactive to seeing or hearing other dogs and his own reflection.
- He can leave at any time.
Breed: Pit Bull
Date of Birth (estimated): 06/2017
Interested in rescuing this dog? Email our Rescue Contact.
If you would like medical notes, please contact us.
« Back to List