Claus - 125496
Handsome Senior guy
- Claus is a playful guy, he likes to play with rope toys and can entertain himself; He will give the toy up for a treat and has mastered "sit".
- He seems housebroken too.
- It seems as though he may have been beaten or possibly trained with a heavy hand; If you raise your hand too quickly he flinches and cowers.
- Claus is a 8 year old neutered male Pit type dog, 61 lbs.
- He is rescue only due to behavior; He was cleared from bite quarantine and was not designated; He was exiting his kennel to be walked and immediately went after the dog in the cage next to him; When the volunteer went to pull him back Claus redirected on to her leg and bit her.
- Dog interaction: 12/05 approached HD thru the fence initially given reactivity, he was sniffing and HD reacted to him (TD was snorting so maybe HD though he was growling), approached outside the fence and he pulled me to HD, sniffed and had a loose body, TD put his head over HD's shoulders to I pulled him away, no aggression, no play.
- There are several notes that describe reactivity towards other dogs beginning on 12/02 (he arrived at the shelter on 11/30); The note from 12/08 states "very reactive on leash to dogs in the distance (growling, lunging) trying to drag walkers to other dogs".
- He was not able to be integrated into playgroups due to his behavior towards dogs.
- He can leave at any time.
Breed: Pit Bull
Date of Birth (estimated): 12/2010
Interested in rescuing this dog? Email our Rescue Contact.
If you would like medical notes, please contact us.
« Back to List